lunes, 6 de agosto de 2018

Monday, Aug 6th





Tonight is the party at the Market.  Mary was up early and left about 9am to go and "put out fires".  Many of her tenants are unhappy that the place will open tomorrow as they are not ready.  But Mary feels that it is not fair to punish those who are ready to open by remaining closed until everyone is ready.  This is to be a soft opening anyway.....A chance for everyone to open and get organized before there is a "grand" opening which may be a while awa






I got my hair done at 9:30 for the party.  I think that I will wear one of the new pretty Peruvian sweater/shawls that I bought at the Inka market last week.  The invitation says 5:00....but Mary says that this is Peru....that will mean that people might start to arrive by 7 or 8....However, it is just as easy for me to hang out at the Market as here, so I plan to go at 5.

Working on knitting and blog and etc....and hanging out with the boys until then

Mary called mid afternoon and had a few things that she had forgotten to bring.  So I got dressed and left via Uber early.  It was really fun hanging out watching everyone getting ready for the big event!  The website shows a layout of the different "booths" serving food and drink:

https://www.mercado28.pe
















Closeup of the mortar and pestle:














The next area was not open but it will be the seafood area:


This is the bar that is in the center of the market area:








Last minute talk to the staff about the evening's responsibilities:







Is this booth going to be ready in time?  Definitely on Peruvian time!

and next door to them:




Bar is almost ready:



Food from the Amazon is almost ready:





and then the actual party:

Italian food:




French Pastries:



Gelatto was not yet open, but is ready for the weekend:


Somehow, I did not seem to take a single photo of the actual party....but I'll find some and add them later....but here are a few of me and Mary's buddies:



Partners and staff celebrating at the end of the evening:









No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario